The CSIA continues to promote ongoing education through its Scholarship Program. Financial assistance is made available to aspiring full time and part time ski instructors that have unmistakably demonstrated their commitment to the sport of skiing and have distinguished themselves by their initiative and involvement in their ski school. We are very proud to say that the Scholarship Program is funded through voluntary contributions received from the CSIA 25-Year members and the membership at large.
In this text, the masculine form should be considered gender-neutral, addressing both women and men.
The CSIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM will cover all registration fees for the applicant to achieve their next certification level*, relative to their current status. Applicants can select one of the following combinations of nationally sanctioned programs (in whole or in part):
- Level 2 Training + Level 2 Assessed Training + 1-day national module (10 Education credits)
- Level 3 Training + National module (to reach 40 credits)
- Level 3 Exams
- Level 4 Training + Trainer Development Module
- Level 4 Exams + Trainer Development Exam
*Level 3 and 4 applicants can only select either the training or exams portion.
- be a Regular member in good standing of the CSIA;
- include a summary of his involvement and dedication within his snow school including any specific achievements or recognitions received and outline his career objectives within the ski industry;
- include a letter of recommendation from his snow school Director;
- clearly demonstrate financial need;
- be submitting his 1st scholarship request in three years;
- send his scholarship request by Monday November 28th, 2016;
- mention the course location and date he is applying for;
- fill in this information in the online scholarship application
- all of the above-mentioned information has been submitted;
- priority will be given to full time seasonal and part time CSIA ski instructors whose sole revenues come from ski instruction;
- a maximum of two letters received from the same snow school Director will be accepted for the same course;
- the Scholarship will be valid for the period starting December 19, 2016 to June 30, 2017;
- should the course that you have been awarded be cancelled, the scholarship amount will be carried over to the following season, subject to candidate’s written confirmation of the new course;
- only one scholarship, will be granted per member in a three year period;
- the Scholarship request is subject to space availability at the time of registration;
- all requests received after the November 28th, 2016 deadline must reapply for the following season;
- the CSIA Selection Committee will be responsible for the selection of the candidates.
- the Selection Committee will review all applications from November 29, 2016 to December 19, 2016.
- all Candidates will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by the week of December 19, 2016 in writing (letter or email), by telephone or by other means deemed adequate).
Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance
Scholarship Program Selection Committee
401 – 8615 boul. St-Laurent
Montreal, Quebec H2P 2M9