The C.S.I.A. Hall of fame has been established in order that we may showcase previous and current award recipients.
Hall of Fame Criteria
Nominations are reviewed by a selection committee comprised of two Hall of Fame members and a current Board member.
The final decision must be unanimous. In order to preserve the high degree of honour there no obligation to have a recipient in any given year or to have only one honoree.
All nominations will be kept for a period of 4 years, and will be reviewed annually. Candidate submission forms must be sent in by the nominating person. Guidelines are as follows:
- Length of time actively teaching skiing. Ten years is the minimum.
- Length of time in the CSIA. Fifteen years is the minimum.
- The member should be over 40 years of age.
- Leadership and/or volunteer positions held within snow sports, i.e., Ski School Director or CSIA Board Member (National or Regional)
- Contribution to our industry (i.e., what impact did individual have on our industry?).
- Has the member shown dedication to the sport of skiing or ski racing?
- Does the member show devotion to the CSIA and promotion of the organization?