Mar 12-13, 2020 - Atlantic Skills Camp #2 at Marble Mountain Ski Resort, Newfoundland
The CSIA Atlantic Regional Board would like to inform you that the second Skills Camp #2 is happening. It will be held on Mar 12th and 13th, 2020 at Marble Mountain Ski Resort, Newfoundland.
Come and enjoy great spring skiing at Marble Mountain! The 2020 Marble Mountain Skills Camp offers a wonderful opportunity to ski excellent terrain and improve both your technical and teaching skills while also partaking in fun social activities and enjoying some good old Newfoundland hospitality.
Here is a summary of the activities:
- Choice of on-snow Modules led by top Course Conductors
- Apres-ski soup dinner and comedy / music on Thursday night
- Pot luck dinner and Screech-In on Friday night
- Half price lift tickets to participants and their family members (Wed night to Sunday)
- St Patrick Day Shenanigans on March 14 & 15 with the "Everest Challenge" on Saturday and Live Irish Music on Sunday
- PDP Sessions available on Wednesday night, as well as Saturday and Sunday - 5 days of fun!
- Eligible for Education credits, depending on Program selection
The Skills Camp #2 is a 2-day event of awesome training with a mix of skiing, learning and social activities! Get back on track with personal ski improvement and ideas for your teaching from the best Course Conductors.
Go online, and pick from that great variety of Modules to meet your needs;
-BPC - Biomechanical and Psychological Considerations
Module (1 day)
-All-Terrain Advanced (1 day)
-Teaching Children Module (1 day, both days)
Registration fee: $100 + tax per day (select only 1 Module per day - Attend 1 or 2 days)
Click here to register! See you all there!
The CSIA Atlantic Board
It’s March break in Québec starting Mar 2nd, 2020! The snow conditions are at their best and the weather is on our side! Have you thought of improving your skills by taking one of our CSIA Programs? Click below to get all the details and register to a Program offered across Quebec!
Click here for information.
CSIA FUN DAY AT DEVIL'S GLEN - SATURDAY MAR 21, 2020
Register by emailing email@example.com
CSIA Spring Fling Information click here
Apr 3-5, 2020 at Marmot Basin, AB
Registration for the Spring Fling will open soon! When in your snowpro.com profile roll down and you will see all the options!
Please note there is at Marmot Basin a Level 1 Apr 2-4, an Advanced Teaching Apr 3-4, a Level 2 Evaluation Apr 3-4 and a BPC Module Apr 4. For all of the participants of these events ending Apr 4 the CSIA Alberta Board is offering a complimentary Banquet April 4th with the Spring Fling group and also a complimentary Sunday April 5th participation with the Spring fling Group at Marmot. (lift ticket are kindly provided by Marmot Basin at a discount for all registered participants)
We are coming to Jasper this Spring April 3-5, 2020. Rates will be – Full Spring Fling Event $120, Saturday and Banquet only $90, Banquet only $40, Sunday only $50
Session options will be sorted at the registration and for Participants of the Spring Fling will include:
- Classic – Ski with L4’s and enjoy the great April Snow at Marmot
- Course prep – Skiing certainly but with a focus on certification course preparation
- Collaboration – Skiing with CSIA AB Board Members to discuss future considerations and direction.
Hotel arrangements are available at a discount at the Marmot Lodge $119-189. Please state “CSIA Alberta” when booking.
Spring Fling Jasper and Marmot Basin April 3-5, 2020!
Friday Apr 3
-Meet and greet/sign in. 6:30-7:30pm at the Marmot Lodge in Jasper
– Social night at the Downstream
– All ages 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday Apr 4
– Meet near the Snow School Meeting Area for a 9:45am photo op then 10:00am – 2:30pm Ski with L4
(Bussing for the evening Banquet at Marmot Basin will be available for those that wish from Jasper to Marmot and return. Times and details to come). – AGM 5:00pm at Marmot Basin
– 6:00-6:30pm Cocktails at Marmot Basin
– 6:30-9:00pm Banquet/ Hall of Fame at Marmot Basin
Sunday Apr 5
– Meet near the Snow School Meeting Area
– 10:00am – 2:30pm ski with L4
– Safe travels home
British Columbia Events
Upcoming Events, more information click here
National Members' Conventions
November 25-27, 2019 - Banff, AB (Sunshine Village and Lake Louise)
December 4-6, 2019 - Tremblant, QC
Kick-off your season with the CSIA's biggest showcase Members' Event! Choose from a variety of On-Snow Workshops that have been customized to get you in tune with your Ski Improvement and Teaching Development. Guests registration option is available, see details below.
Summary of Activities:
• A wide range of On-Snow Workshops, led by our renowned Course Conductors, geared specifically for you
• Indoor Presentations: Technical Presentations, Interski Debrief, CSIA Update, Guest Speakers
• Cocktail and Sponsors' Event! Product/Pro Deal Exhibition, new equipment featured, information on Pro Deals by the Manufacturers
• Featured Banquet Dinner with Group Photo, Live Entertainment (East) and National Hall of Fame Inductions
• The CSIA Store showcasing new apparel and clothing, available for purchase, special deals
• Welcome Gift Bag with promotional items
• Discounted Lift Tickets: 50% off at Tremblant, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise
• Discounted Lodging Rates (details below)
• 3 Education credits applied after participation
On-Snow Workshops (choose 3)
Always a crowd favourite, get the season started right, at a pace that works for you. Whether you are in the mood for an early season warm up, or a race focused “GS Free-ski” approach, you’ll find it here.
Gear up for Level 2 Programs with a look into the Decision Making Process with a healthy dose of ski improvement to get the season started.
Advanced Skiing and Teaching using Reflective Learning concepts to set you up for success as you move toward the Level 3 Certification.
You’ve set your sights high, so let’s get at it! Start the season with a solid focus and development insights around expert skiing and teaching and leadership in the Industry.
The global ski teaching Industry came together once again in March, 2019 at Pamporovo, Bulgaria and Canada was all ears. Join an Interski Team Member on-snow for the latest updates on what we learned, and how it can inform our future.
Understanding the value of reflective practice for your own development can have a valuable impact on how you teach others. Learn some practical approaches to set up a truly effective learning environment.
Snow School Directors (2 days - 1&2)
There is no doubt that collaboration and communication are keys to success in any industry. If you are a Snow School Director or Manager, we want to hear your voice and invite you to join us on-snow for some turns, good conversation and ski tips.
Our newest 10 Credit National Module focused on Biomechanical and Psychological Considerations! How learners learn depends a lot on how they feel, and how they are “built”, both physically and mentally. As a teacher, learning to recognize these characteristics among your students can be a major game changer in the outcome of a lesson.
Members' Convention East - Tremblant
Special Rates for CSIA Members have been secured with Tremblant Resort. Click here for the detailed Lodging & Ticket offer and call 1-866-253-0093 to make a reservation (use group code: AMSC CASI Séminaire des membres 2019).
Members' Convention West - Banff
Once again, for 2019, the Banff Park Lodge is offering preferred rates for Member’s Convention Participants. As the Banff Park Lodge is undergoing a website renewal, please call their Reservations Team at 1-800-661-9266 and reference the CSIA Member’s Convention and Booking ID #31661 to receive the preferred rate. Book early!
Ski Area Transportation:
Transportation between the Banff Park Lodge and the Ski Areas will be available. Scheduled times to be announced.
Airfare needed? Airfare, lodging, tickets, parking, food and beverage discount packages available for CSIA Members planning to go East or West needing a full service travel arrangement. Click here for details and contact Merit Travel Ski Vacations by calling their toll free number at 1-866-341-1777 ext. 4373 to book packages.
Bring a friend! Guests are welcome at the Events. Although no on-snow activities are included in the registration, they will receive:
- Full access to all indoor activities, including presentations, Cocktail / Apres Events and the Banquet Dinner
- Free Gift Bag
- Discounted Lift Tickets
Guests interested in receiving Ski Improvement Lessons are encouraged to contact the Snow Schools directly. For all details, click on the following links: Tremblant, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village.
High Performance Camp
Open to any CSIA Member, this program focuses on individual development in a fun team environment. Using brushes, small group tasks and problem solving, the training staff directs participants toward specific skiing objectives. The focus is development and understanding of skiing fundamentals to build similarity in the group. The Camp is open to everyone every season, while also serving as the training ground and selection process for the Interski Team.
Duration: 2 days
Prerequisites: Open to all CSIA Members
Early price: $139.40 + tax (or $164.00 Regular price, 14 days prior to start)
Registration: Click here
WE - Women's Edge Camp (3 or 5 day Events)
January 20-22, 2020 - Tremblant, QC
February 5-7, 2020 - Banff, AB
February 24-26, 2020 - Blue Mountain, ON
February 24 - February 28, 2020 - Sun Peaks 2020 Summit, BC (3 and 5 day options)
March 2-4, 2020 - Orford, QC
Click here for more information and registration to the WE summit.
WE - 3 or 5 day Camp Event
WE 3 or 5 day Camp (10 credits)
- WE 3 or 5 day Camp (Event) offered in various Regions across the country. It is another unique opportunity for female Ski Instructors to get together with other women and leaders to improve their skiing, teaching and learn about approaches and options related to developing women skiers. Always a highlight is the networking and learning how to become a leader in the ski industry.
Women's Edge 1 day Module
WE 1 day Module (3 credits)
- WE 1 day Module provides training, networking and mentoring opportunities for girls and women in learning environments created by female Course Conductors. It will expand your knowledge and understanding on gender awareness. You will learn about motivation and leadership and how these elements can be applied in their respective skiing and teaching contexts. Please view the Programs schedule for the WE 1 day Modules scheduled in your Region. WE 1 day Module is offered in AB, QC & ON. In BC, a program option called WOW is offered by the Region, under the Women Only Workshop (WOW) name.
Duration: 3 day Camp Event or 1 day Module
Education credit value: 10 credits or 3 credits
Recommended for: Any level of Certification
3 day Camp Early price: $385.20 + tax (or $453.20 Regular price, 14 days prior to start) or;
1 day Module Early price: $113.20 + tax (or $133.20 Regular price, 14 days prior to start)
WE outlines: coming soon
Registration: click here
April 17-18, 2020 – Whistler Blackcomb, BC
May 1-2, 2020 - Sunshine Village, AB
Open to all CSIA Members. Participate in the development of CSIA material and methodology, as senior staff come together to work on materials and exchange ideas for the coming season. Take part in the research!
Duration: 2 days
Prerequisites: Open to all CSIA Members
Early price: $256.80 + tax (or $302.20 Regular price, 14 days prior to start)
Registration: click here
April 3-5 (Course Conductors), 2020 - Mont-Sainte-Anne, QC
April 4-5 (Members), 2020 - Mont-Sainte-Anne, QC
Open to all CSIA Members. Super Camp focuses on the development of CSIA material and methodology; join the fun! We will be sharing methods and approaches. Group content geared specifically to Instructors and to Course Conductors.
Accommodation discounts available at Château Mont-Sainte-Anne.
Duration: 3 days for Course Conductors, 2 days for Members
Prerequisites: Open to all CSIA Members
CC 3 days Early price: $202.80 + tax (or $238.70 Regular price, 14 days prior to start)
Course Conductors Registration - click here
Members 2 days Early price: $256.80 + tax (or $302.20 Regular price, 14 days prior to start)
Members Registration - click here