CSIA Scholarship Program
CSIA Scholarship Program
The CSIA continues to promote ongoing education through its Scholarship Program. Financial assistance is made available to aspiring full time and part time ski instructors that have unmistakably demonstrated their commitment to the sport of skiing and have distinguished themselves by their initiative and involvement in their ski school. We are very proud to say that the Scholarship Program is funded through voluntary contributions received from the CSIA 25-Year members and the membership at large.
In this text, the masculine form should be considered gender-neutral, addressing both women and men.
The CSIA Scholarship Program will cover all registration fees for the applicant to achieve their next certification level*, relative to their current status. Applicants can select one of the following combinations of nationally sanctioned programs (in whole or in part):
- Level 2 Training + Level 2 Assessed Training + 1-day national module (10 Education credits)
- Level 3 Training + National module (to reach 40 credits)
- Level 3 Exams
- Level 4 Training + Trainer Development Module
- Level 4 Exams + Trainer Development Exam
*Level 3 and 4 applicants can only select either the training or exams portion.
The candidate must:
- be a Regular member in good standing of the CSIA;
- include a summary of his involvement and dedication within his snow school including any specific achievements or recognitions received and outline his career objectives within the ski industry;
- include a letter of recommendation from his snow school Director;
- clearly demonstrate financial need;
- be submitting his 1st scholarship request in three years;
- send his scholarship request by Tuesday December 5th, 2017;
- mention the course location and date he is applying for;
- fill in this information in the online scholarship application (deadline for 2017-2018 scholarship has past, check back in fall 2018)
The Scholarships shall be awarded based on the following criteria:
- all of the above-mentioned information has been submitted;
- priority will be given to full time seasonal and part time CSIA ski instructors whose sole revenues come from ski instruction;
- a maximum of two letters received from the same snow school Director will be accepted for the same course;
- the Scholarship will be valid for the period starting December 20, 2017 to June 30, 2018;
- should the course that you have been awarded be cancelled, the scholarship amount will be carried over to the following season, subject to candidate’s written confirmation of the new course;
- only one scholarship, will be granted per member in a three year period;
- the Scholarship request is subject to space availability at the time of registration;
- all requests received after the December 5th, 2017 deadline must reapply for the following season;
Selection Process and Communication:
- the CSIA Selection Committee will be responsible for the selection of the candidates.
- all Candidates will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by December 20th, 2017 in writing (letter or email), by telephone or by other means deemed adequate.
Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance
Scholarship Program Selection Committee
401 – 8615 boul. St-Laurent
Montreal, Quebec H2P 2M9