CSIA Scholarship Program
CSIA Scholarship Program
The CSIA continues to promote ongoing education through its Scholarship Program. Financial assistance is made available to aspiring full-time and part-time Ski Instructors that have unmistakably demonstrated their commitment to the sport of skiing and have distinguished themselves by their initiative and involvement in their Snow School. We are very proud to say that the Scholarship Program is funded through voluntary contributions received from CSIA Members at large.
This text is gender-neutral, addressing both women and men.
The CSIA Scholarship Program will cover all registration fees for the applicant to achieve their next Certification level*, relative to their current status. Applicants can select one of the following combinations of nationally sanctioned programs (in whole or in part):
- Level 2 Training + Level 2 Evaluation + 1 day National Module (10 Education credits)
- Level 3 Training + National Module (to reach 40 credits)
- Level 3 Exam
- Level 4 Training + Trainer Development Module
- Level 4 Exam + Trainer Development Exam
*Level 3 and 4 applicants can only select either the Training or Exam portion.
The Candidate must:
- be a Regular Member in good standing of the CSIA;
- include a summary of their involvement and dedication within his Snow School, including any specific achievements or recognitions received and outline their career objectives within the ski industry;
- include a letter of recommendation from their Snow School Director;
- clearly demonstrate financial need;
- be submitting their 1st Scholarship request in three years;
- send their Scholarship request by December 6th, 2019;
- mention the course location and date they are applying for;
- To apply for the Scholarship please log in to your CSIA Member profile. Once logged in select the My Profile option, then select Scholarship application from the drop down menu.
The Scholarships shall be awarded based on the following criteria:
- all of the above-mentioned information has been submitted;
- priority will be given to full-time seasonal and part-time CSIA Ski Instructors whose sole revenues come from ski instruction;
- a maximum of two letters received from the same Snow School Director will be accepted for the same Program;
- the Scholarship will be valid for the period starting January 1st, 2020 to June 30th, 2020;
- should the Program that you have been awarded be cancelled, the Scholarship amount will be carried over to the following season, subject to Candidate’s written confirmation of the new Program;
- only one Scholarship, will be granted per Member in a three (3) year period;
- the Scholarship request is subject to space availability at the time of registration;
- all requests received after the December 6th, 2019 deadline must reapply for the following season;
Selection Process and Communication:
- the CSIA Selection Committee will be responsible for the selection of the Candidates;
- all Candidates will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision in January 2020 in writing (email or letter), by telephone or by other means deemed adequate.
Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance
Scholarship Program Selection Committee
401–8615 Saint-Laurent Blvd
Montreal, QC H2P 2M9